Measles can be dangerous, especially for babies and young children.
Measles symptoms typically include:
- High fever (may spike to more than 104° F)
- Runny nose
- Red, watery eyes
- Rash breaks out 3-5 days after symptoms begin
Measles Can Be Serious
- About 1 out of 4 people who get measles will be hospitalized.
- 1 out of every 1,000 people with measles will develop brain swelling due to infection (encephalitis), which may lead to brain damage.
- 1 or 2 out of 1,000 people with measles will die, even with the best care.
You have the power to protect your child.
Provide your children with safe and long-lasting protection against measles by making sure they get the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine according to CDC’s recommended immunization schedule.
Need your MMR vaccine? Stop by any Owens Pharmacy to get yours today. All of our knowledgeable pharmacists are certified to give vaccinations and would love to answer any questions or concerns you may have!
Owens offers all of these vaccinations to people ages 4 and up.
Give us a call at 1-800-MYOWENS to speak to a pharmacist about vaccines and how Owens Pharmacy can help you out!
Article provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention www.cdc.gov/measles